I’m trying to soak up the very last bit of summer here in Boston. I went to the farmers’ market in Brookline near my office and bought some delicious corn and peppers in many colors.
The following recipe is quick and easy and can be paired with grilled chicken, fish, or even a burger.
For those of you on the low FODMAP diet, you may know you can have corn in small amounts – half an ear. This recipe uses two cobs and serves four as a side dish.
First, dice the peppers into small pieces. Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a pan and start cooking the peppers.
While they cook, cut the kernels off two ears of corn. Once the peppers have cooked for a few minutes, add in the corn and cook just about 2-3 minutes longer. Fresh corn hardly needs to be cooked at all.
Add some lime juice, salt, pepper, a teaspoon of butter, and some hot pepper flakes if you like.
Enjoy these veggies before they go out of season!
Confetti Corn & Peppers (low FODMAP)
3-4 bell peppers (I used green, purple, orange, and red, but you can use whatever colors you find at your farmers’ market or grocery store)
2 tsp olive oil
2 ears of fresh corn
3 Tbs parsley or cilantro
1 tsp butter (optional – it adds some extra flavor)
Salt and pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes (optional)
4 lime wedges for serving
1. Dice the peppers into small pieces.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pan and add the peppers.
3. While the peppers start to cook, cut the kernels off the corn. Make sure to stop and stir the peppers while you do this.
4. Once the peppers have started to soften, add the corn and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
5. Stir in the herbs, butter, salt, pepper, and optional red peppers flakes.
6. Serve with lime wedges.